Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The European Life.

As of the beginning of this week, I've been living a European lifestyle. I wake up, have a small breakfast, go to work for the morning, am off for most of the early afternoon (in which time I go grocery/local market shopping) and prepare lunch for myself and Joseph, and then I head back out to work for the night. I have become quite accustomed to my schedule, and love it (most days)!


Here's an example.

Yesterday, I worked in the morning. I got off work and went to Little Italy for some freshly sliced prosciutto, an avocado, and found an AMAZING Bellini mix that Joseph and I loved from Venice!
We haven't been able to find it anywhere, but I was so excited that I bought. After leaving Little Italy, I drove over to Bread & Cie to get a fresh baguette.



I came home, sliced the baguette, spread home-made pesto on it, placed the prosciutto on top, thinly sliced some Parmesan cheese and placed in on top of the prosciutto, and closed the sandwich. On the side, I arranged some green leaves, and topped them with freshly sliced avocado. Chilled the mix, and waited for Joseph to come home. We had a fabulous lunch, he was so surprised I had found the Bellini Mix.

________________________________


Today, I went to work until noon, came home and prepared myself lunch, since I was starving. I had about 1/3 of the baguette left, so I toasted it a bit to freshen it up and give it a slight crunch, spread the home-made pesto on both sides, sauteed (5) small mushrooms in olive oil, sprinkled with garlic salt, and thinly sliced some parmesan cheese. I thought I needed some lettuce so I topped it off with some greens. On the side, I had fresh blueberries, and thought, "why not have a glass of Cakebread Wine" as well (which Joseph's dad sent us!), I'm french today anyway :) Here's my quick, fabulous, French inspired lunch, enjoy:

My taste buds are happy, my stomach is full, now I am off to watch ellen, and then get ready for work! Hope everyone had a good afternoon too!

3 comments: