Thursday, July 23, 2009

San Diego Pride.

The San Diego Pride Parade was scheduled to 11:00 a.m. on Saturday. A lot of people said they were going to start heading up to Hillcrest around 7 a.m. because finding a parking spot would be crazy. Luckily, we live a block away from where it was set to run through, so we walked over to Joseph's friend, Michelle's apartment complex. Her complex is elevated so we didn't have to sit on the sidewalk and could look from above.

*As we waited for the parade to start, and for Erica to arrive, we saw some pretty interesting charachers.


After being at the parade for only 5 minutes, we saw this crazy walking around. Yes, he was really wearing that crazy outfit with high-heels parading around for attention. It was hilarious, but also really gross. To each their own I guess. After this, I didn't know what to expect!

This was the first group representing their pride in the parade. They were hardcore HOGS. I had to plug my ears from all of the noise the motorcycles made.


I loved these two floats for some reason! I thought the little red car was so cute! I don't even know what the car is representing but I wanted it.


Do you remember ever having a Lite Brite? I do and thought this float was super cute too, and was sending a positive message.
Joseph and Michelle had gone out the night before and were still drunk, I think, and continued to drink, hence the lack of clothing. Eventually Michelle passed out in her room, and Joseph ran home after the parade because he thought he was going to be sick.


I guess the following two floats are pretty typical of the parade, but also probably the two funnest because they had music, dancing, and interesting costumes.



















That night we went to a gay night club called Bourbon Street in University Heights with Joseph's friend, Joyce. We haven't really been to a gay club here so we thought it was going to be quite the experience. But to tell you the truth, it wasn't that crazy. Here is a picture of how crowded it was.
I kind of thought that Pride overall was kind of a let down. I am sure it would have been just as fun or better in Des Moines. I'm just glad we didn't pay to get into the festival because or friends who went said it was a waste! We grilled out at our house with a group of friends instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment