Saturday, July 4, 2009

Prosecco, Art, & Socialites.

Have you ever heard about Dianne York-Goldman?
Until last weekend, I hadn't. In addition to owning the world renown Spa MD in La Jolla, and running her own line of cosmetics, DYG, she will be starring in her own reality show set to air next month, Addicted to Beauty.

Why do I know all of this about her you ask?

Well, I got a call from my friend Allison a couple of weeks ago to help her host a party at Dianne York-Goldman's La Jolla oceanfront home. Not knowing too much about her, and needing the extra cash, I agreed! My duties were to be as accommodating as possible to Dianne's guests and pour wine, Prosecco, and beer.

This was the beautiful view that I got to enjoy all afternoon. Watching the sunset was amazing. If I lived there, I would be in heaven. It was unbelievable. To have an oceanfront home in La Jolla, is a pretty big deal.

The doors behind those people are actually the entrance to her home. Could you imagine walking onto a red carpet every time you came home?! It did feel a little glamorous walking in ;) She was hosting the party to showcase Gene Locklear's, a retired Yankee's player, art.


The party took place inside her home, as well as her outdoor patio. Throughout the day about 200 people came, a lot of which were local celebrities, Padres baseball players, President's & CEO's of local companies, and of course, socialites.

All in all, it was a really cool experience. I had a lot of fun, made a little money, and met some great people. Katie, I guess you were a little right, my life is California is pretty glamorous! Just kidding ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Not kidding! You always seem to walk into these awesome opportunities and find glamour wherever you go. When you're a big-time event planner and schmooze with the big dogs, don't forget about your lowly designer friends. :) What an great party, i bet it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Katie. Hopefully someday I will make it to the BIG time and of course you would be part of my entourage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really useful information on your party. I am in search of amazing Chicago event venues for arranging my brother’s wedding anniversary. Searched online and came to know about few venues. Hope to have a grand party.

    ReplyDelete