Friday, May 22, 2009

Feliz Cumpleaños Olga.

As I was loading some pictures that I took from Joseph's camera for a new post, I re-discovered some pictures I had taken a couple of weeks ago from my friend Olga's birthday. She threw herself a little party at her house in Lemon Grove, and made some awesome rice, beans, and Carne Asada. We also had some really good red & green salsa, and guacamole that she bought at the store. Oh yea, and I can't forget to mention the freshly sliced cucumbers soaked in lime juice with hot chili powder sprinkled on top (the same way my sister's and I ate them as kids, yummm!)



As a gift, from one of her friends that had recently visited Africa, she got this Coconut drink called Takamaka Bay Rum. It was clear, had a very high proof, and was a bit fizzy. It was so good. You couldn't even taste the alcohol, which of course, is always dangerous. I had a small glass while she drank most of the bottle.

Even though we work at Extraordinary Desserts, nothing is as yummy as a store bought Oreo Chocolate Cake. Since Olga was a tad bit tipsy, she kept cutting slices but dropping them on herself, as you can see from her facial expression. I left shortly after this, but she continued her celebration at the local strip club. Happy Birthday Olga!

No comments:

Post a Comment