Monday, May 11, 2009

The Turf Club

Friday night, Joseph, Erica, Chris & I went to The Turf Club for Chris' Birthday celebration. From the outside, it seemed like a total hole in the wall, but inside it was pretty cool. We got there in time to not have to wait over an hour for a table. The concept of the restaurant/bar is that you select your steak choice and you get to grill it yourself. Joseph and Chris both ordered steaks so they had the job of grilling their own meats while Erica and I sat and chatted. (We eat at the next stop...)




The setting was pretty cool. The lighting set the mood and this awesome lamp above us really fascinated me. You can't see it very well in the picture but the detailing was pretty cool. Joseph got a Ribeye so it took quite some time to cook as it was really thick. Once it was between Medium-Rare & Medium, he took it off the grill and we sat to eat.


Joseph's steak, I thought, was actually pretty good and juicy. Obviously, it wasn't Iowa grade, but it was satusfying! It may have been a little red for him, but I thought it was yummy. I could only take a few bites since I "wasn't hungry" and didn't order one for myself.

Judging from Joseph's face, you can probably guess that we didn't end the night here! :)

1 comment: