Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bellini Night.

So, lately I've been guilty of not keeping the fridge properly stocked. It seems like I'm always busy these days and the last thing on my mind is going to the grocery store. Monday night, I had the night off so Joseph and I walked over to Whole Foods to pickup some stuff for dinner. As I walked around I kept being tempted to buy this:


I gave in and nabbed two bottles. We kept trying to figure out what to make for dinner and for some reason we started talking about missing drinking Bellini's in Italy. So, I thought why not buy some peach puree! I couldn't find any and the peaches weren't ripe enough so I found this:


...and puree'd it myself at home and added a little bit of simple syrup because it wasn't sweet enough.


I popped the chilled Prosecco open, and poured it into a glass with the a couple of tablespoons of the peach puree. Perfection! We finished the bottle and wanted more, but didn't think we needed to drink both in one night :) Joseph insisted on making dinner and for once I didn't oppose it (probably because I was so tired), and his pasta, garlic, and veggie creation was D-Lish. Very yummy!


Side Note: If you aren't able to drink alcohol, you can always substitute a sparkling cider for the Prosecco and I am sure it will be just as delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment