Friday, June 26, 2009

Sophie Passed.

The next day, Sophie woke me up bright and early so that I could go with her as she tried to get her Driver Learning Permit. Apparently when you turn 14 in Iowa, you can get one! Scary, right?! I didn't get mine until I was almost 16. After going to the DOT to early, having breakfast at Panera, and waiting in multiple lines....


She took the test, and passed! Congratulations Sophie! She drove myself and her mom to La Mie Bakery in her brand new 2009 Jeep Cherokee! It was not as bad as I thought it would be, but she still has quite a bit to learn.



After showering and getting dolled up, Carolyn took me, Joseph, Katie, Bethany & Piper, Sophie, and Danielle out to Proof (One of my all-time favorite restaurants) for lunch. We sat outside and were overwhelmed with all of the construction noise from around the corner, but still had a great time and awesome food.

We drove back home and guess who was waiting for us in the driveway! My mom, sister, and aunt from Chicago! I was so excited to see them since I hadn't seem them since before Christmas. We hung out by the pool and drank wine and just relaxed and caught up. My mom was a little too thirsty or excited that she soon became extremely drunk. Joseph and I had to go to our friend Margie & Tony's pre-wedding cocktail party at Star Bar, and of course my drunken mom wanted to come too.



She thought she was the bachelorette of the night. We had to buy her fries and onion rings to shut her up. It's actually quite funny looking back now, but at the time, I was really annoyed. What can you do? You gotta love your family :) Plus, I am sure I have been in worse conditions before, and someone took care of me, most likely it was Joseph.

No comments:

Post a Comment