Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mango's, Coconut's, & Sorbet's, Oh my!

Lately, I've been playing with the idea of opening up a Sorbet or Gelato cafe. Wouldn't that be fun? Have some sorbets/gelatos, champagne, wine, coffee, and maybe food too?? The reason all of this has come up is because of my recent discovery of making fresh home-made sorbet. Do you remember this?

Well since then, I have made a Fresh Mango sorbet, as well as a Coconut-Rum sorbet! Take a look. For the mango sorbet, I followed the exact same recipe as the Strawberry-Lavender but instead, I cut up about four mango's (I say "about" because I kept eating small pieces of them) and put them in the food processor. Added the simple syrup mixture and froze it.


For the Coconut-Rum sorbet, I used a can of Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut, (1) cup of water, and the recipe called for (1/4) teaspoon of rum but I read it as (1/4) cup. After a full day of sitting in the freezer, it wasn't freezing, it was then that I realized I had added too much rum. Oooops! So I just added a lot more water and it turned out smooth and creamy.

After have these two HUGE bowls of each type of sorbet and giving a lot of it away to friends, I mixed them together today in the food processor and created Mango-Coconut sorbet. An even better flavor than on their own (Maybe not better, but still awesome)!

No comments:

Post a Comment