Monday, June 29, 2009

Lasting Memories.

Although our time at home was quite short, there were a couple of events that will be lasting memories.

Our long time friends Margi & Tony, had their wedding while we were in town. They had two ceremonies, a traditional American ceremony that took place at Simon Estes Amphitheatre and a traditional Laotian ceremony that took place at the Convention Center, which is where the reception took place as well.

The whole thing was just beautiful, I had never seen anything like it. They were married and blessed by elders in their Laotian community as close friends and family sat close to them on rugs, which you had to remove your shoes to be part of. Part of the ceremony called for family and friends to tie little strings onto their wrists as you gave them a blessing or wished them well in their married life. After, they did a Laotian dance, we had dinner, and Tony sang a beautiful song from Moulin Rouge to Margi. The whole thing was an occasion to be teary-eyed about, and believe me, tears were streaming down. Congratulations Margi & Tony!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

There is nothing I love more than entertaining. I love having my closest friends and the people I love the most around me enjoying great food, drink, and conversation. Therefore, it was Joseph's great idea (which was inspired by Katie) to throw a dinner party while we were home. It had a chabby chic Asian flair to it. Everyone brought some amazing dishes. I was in heaven. Besides the heat and mosquitos, everything went perfectly. I love you guys!


I'll leave you with a little treat to enjoy:


Joseph: Hot California Roll



Katie & Tony: Asian Noodle Salad



Bethany & Seth: Glazed Pork Tenderloin



Joey: Shrimp Spring Rolls




Sarah: Veggie Pizza



Alison: Starchy Rice



Sophie: Caprese Salad

2 comments:

  1. awwww, come back – we'll make some more memories!
    btw, it was FABULOUS dinner party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! I'm so glad everyone was able to make it :)

    ReplyDelete