Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bite.

Yesterday evening, Joseph and I wanted to get out of the house. Joseph wanted to go some place that had an outdoor patio so we could get a drink and appetizer or something. So I told him that I had seen this really cute/chic place a few blocks from our house. We walked, and walked, and walked until it became evident that perhaps, according to Joseph, I had dreamt this place up. :) I know I saw it, and rest assured that when I find it again, I will be blogging about it.

With no ideas where to go, and the clock ticking, we thought about going to this bar called Baja Bettys. It was packed, I mean packed. Their Happy Hour was even over and they were still so busy! So, we went next door to one of my favorites, Bite. It is a very cute restaurant that features small plates, probably somewhat similar to Trostel's Dish in Des Moines, but even better. It's locally owned, so they are very attentive and everything is so fresh and delish.



We ended up each having a Strawberry Bellini, which is champagne and strawberry sorbet. For an appetizer we had French Fries with Aioli, just a light snack before dinner. The last time we went, I had sliders (Amazing!) and Bacon Wrapped Dates (something I will attempt to make soon). All in all, it was so nice to go out.

4 comments:

  1. yumyumyum! my mouth is watering--on both counts! i think that'll be my first post-birth meal: a strawberry bellini and french fries! and joseph looks adorable. miss you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JP talked about bacon wrapped dates and how good they were! I may have to try them. Of course, he will say I that I only want to try them because YOU said they were good and not him. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, as soon as you pop that baby out, let's just have a drinking and eating fest :)

    Yes, the dates were AMAZING, Grace.

    OMG Katie, we totaly had the sushi yesterday for lunch. We were going to take a picture of it, but as soon as I opened the box, Joseph and I devoured it :) Haha! I think he might be bringing some home today, so I will blog about it for you to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete