Friday, April 3, 2009

"Proud" Iowan.

I woke up this morning to the Iowa Supreme Court decision that "marriage should not be limited to one man and one woman." I could not believe what I was reading! I was overwhelmed with so many emotions. Could you imagine not being able to marry the person you love so much because the government said so, and then all of the sudden it all changing?! I ♥ Iowa.

I really liked this paragraph from the Des Moines Register article this morning, “I think it’s significant because Iowa is considered a Midwest state in the mainstream of American thought,” Socarides, a senior political assistant for Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin in the early 1990s, said Thursday. “Unlike states on the coasts, there’s nothing more American than Iowa. As they say during the presidential caucuses, ‘As Iowa goes, so goes the nation.’”


Everyday Prorsum :)

2 comments: