Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Promotion?

Yes, at this point it is more of a question than a fact. The retail store that I work for (we aren't allowed to blog about them, so shhhh!) informed me that I am up for a promotion, if I'm interested, for the Visuals Merchansider. I was speechless. I had no idea that I would/could even be considered! I said I would love to be considered.

I went into work this morning at 5 a.m. to help the night crew finish displaying the Women's Spring/Summer collection. Our store director told the manager in charge of setting up that she needed to clock-out or else she would go into OT. So, the night manager asked me if I wanted to do the Visuals for the mannequins in the store, and I said "Sure"!

After doing a couple of them, the store director approached me and said that I was really good at it. She then said she wanted to offer me the position. Did I mention already that I was speechless? :) She said it's not official yet because she needs to get it approved.

A few minutes after she made the offer, she said that she was upset with me because I hadn't spoken up about wanting to do it before today since they had been interviewing candidates from FIDM and other colleges that offer Fashion programs, but hadn't found a good fit.

Since it's not entirely official yet, I am not getting my hopes up but I can't bear keeping quiet or not wanting to jump up and down screaming ecstatically!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you (but not surprised in the least because I know that you ARE the best candidate for that and your boss is smart for recognizing your potential). Is that your display in the pic? Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie :) You're so sweet but it's not official yet so we'll see. Yea I did the women's visuals and took pics but didn't want to post them since we technically "aren't allowed t blog about them" and since I haven't gotten the job yet, I think it would be risky! I will update you as soon as I know for sure.

    ReplyDelete